Fiction You Can Cling To
I’m excited to welcome you to Sweet Insanity. What is this place? Basically, it’s a collection of work by artist and writer Jayce Ran. A variety of stories, artwork, musings, and lessons on various subjects can be found within the confines of this page. There is a great deal of stuff sorted based on subject matter, style, and story arc. We cordially invite you to peruse the many pages of archived work. Have fun browsing!
My Most Recent Posts
- An End To All You Know: Chapter 9Table Of Contents Chapter 9 Nomads I couldn’t see two feet in front of me as I wrestled against the roar that had suddenly appeared out of thin air. The gale was whistling so hard that my face felt like sandpaper. The ferocity of the storm clung to me as […]
- An End To All You Know: Chapter 8Table Of Contents Chapter 8 The Smell Of Fear Wherever she was taking me, it was going to be a long journey. All I knew was that I could be led to the slaughter, but why should I be lulled into a false sense of security if that is what […]
- An End To All You Know: Chapter 7Table Of Contents Chapter 7 Amalgam Dance macabre, flesh and bones, lay silent as I have. Despite being dead to the world, she was alive, sleeping in peace. Here, in this gap, I hide from this misery, for there is no shelter from such indignity. It is only in my […]
- An End To All You Know: Chapter 6Table Of Contents Chapter 6 Mr. King Lazy Bones While crawling through the vent, I heard the creatures screaming behind me. Like a worm, I made my way through the open system with bated breath. There was something frightening about that place. Against the wall of the duct, I grimaced […]
- An End To All You Know: Chapter 5Table Of Contents Chapter 5 A World Apart Throngs of pulpy red blood rise from my boots. There is something unique about the ground here. It lay awake, flayed open, a body in pain. A vast expanse that stretched as far as the eye could see. Like blades of grass, […]
- An End To All You Know: Chapter 4Table Of Contents Chapter 4 The Hand That Grasps Suddenly, I felt a palm touching my wrists as I awoke from my sleep. A wail of terror erupted from my timbrels. A quick hand covered my cry as I gazed up at Vanity’s tense face that suggested trouble. Her iron […]
A world soars in the skies above an endless sea below in this tale of the end of an era. This is the story of an empire that once ruled the world, watching the glory it once held erode. A legend of slavery and deliverance, persecution and help, collapse and determination.
On Going Episodic Series
We have come to the end of the world. Everything has died and nothing can die further. There is no death these days because men plead for it, but death has vanished from their lives. Blind-deprived individuals wander aimlessly. This was the result of selfish lords who thought of themselves as gods and assumed the role. As their divinity was stripped away, they now lie naked in their massacre. A world in the throes of extinction has been reached. Neither the past nor the future can change anything.
Novel: Chapters Released Weekly